Covid 19 Safety Measures
COVID-19 Safety Measures
We will open on Saturday 4th of July & we welcome you & your family & friends back at The Royal Oak. Rooms will not be available for stays until Friday 7th August. We have missed you all too.
It is our duty to ensure we keep our customers and staff safe. We will operate with shorter menu to minimise the number of chefs in our kitchen and revise the opening times should this be necessary.
We have completed a Covid-19 risk assessment which our staff has been trained for. These include regular washing of hands, keeping their distance and ensuring safety guides are followed throughout.
The new Government guide requires the following
1) Customers to leave contact details when they visit in case of an outbreak – We recommend our customers book a table from royaloakwithypool.co.uk for dining visits, so that we have your visit details, as well as manage the number of people visiting at once to avoid over crowding. Booking from the link above takes a couple of minutes, does not cost us anything in booking fees and you can add a message if you’re simply visiting for just drinks. We can also ask for your details on the day and manually write them in our diary.
2) Standing by the bar is not currently permitted except to order and pay. You are permitted to stand or sit outside the premises to consume your drink, if within the premises it is recommended you are sat down at a table which have been set 1 metre plus apart. We ask parents that children remain seated at the table. We ask customers that visit us with their pet to keep them by their table on a lead.
If sitting inside, you will receive full table waitress service. If you are seating at an outside table, then 1 member from the table can come inside to order from the public bar or from the outdoor bar if open. Drinks and food menus are available.
3) Celebrating, dining or drinking tables have been limited to 2 families of unrestricted numbers or tables of up to 6 guests if more than 2 families.
4) Restroom facilities are to be restricted to one-in-one-out to ensure everyone keeps their distance. Please respect this rule and other customers. We appreciate this might be difficult but its crucial we all do our bit. Please use hand gels provided and you practice hand washing as regularly as possible.
5) Please respect the one way system in place. The entrance is located at the front of the building known as the Public Bar Entrance. Please use the hand gel when entering the building. The Exit is located by the Lounge Bar, please allow others to exit from should anyone else be near the exit. All drinks ordered at the Public Bar will be placed on trays on the lounge bar counter for collection to take out.
6) Waiting staff will take your order at your table if indoors to minimise movement. Outdoors, please order at the outdoor bar or public bar. Please do not clear away glasses as our staff will do that.
7) You can pay with cash however we are encouraging contactless or card payments at this time.
8) Please be respectful of our staff as we have a difficult task in our hand to provide great service as well as ensure we keep everyone safe.
9) Should yourself or a member of your family or a friend you have been in contact with recently starts showing Covid-19 symptoms as listed in the NHS website, please report this immediately to a member of our team and we recommend you self isolate immediately as per NHS guidelines.
10) Please help us maintain these safety guidelines by ensuring you follow social distancing guidelines for your safety, others around you and our staff.
We hope you understand that we are going to be extremely strict with this policy and urge customers to co-operate for the greater good.
For our team:
The spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) remains a concern for us all and we are keen to keep communicating with the community regarding response and planning. For us, as for everyone, recent events have led us into uncharted territory – it is hard to predict future impact but we will continue to follow these guidelines whilst exercising extreme caution.
From Saturday 4th July we will be checking staff temperatures upon arrival and at different points throughout the day. If our staff displays or develops either a new continuous cough or a high temperature 37.8 + then we will be asking staff to leave immediately in order to self-isolate for 7 days.
At The Royal Oak, we routinely practice high standards of infection control. We are committed to reducing the risk by ensuring effective hygiene practices are in place for both children and staff and we encourage full participation in these practices;
• Wearing of protective face covering while working
• Wash hands frequently with soap, especially before eating or handling food, after toilet visits, or when hands are contaminated by respiratory secretions after coughing or sneezing. We have now increased the frequency of children’s hand washing to ever hour as well as before and after food as usual.
• Cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when sneezing or coughing and to discard the tissue immediately into a bin.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, tables, chairs and equipment regularly and when contaminated by nasal or oral secretions.
• Ensure supplies such as hand soap, hand sanitiser, tissues and paper towels are available for customer and staff’s use. Please help us by using the handwashing/ sanitising stations at the front doors and throughout the setting.
• Wash all crockery, glassware and utensils at high degree temperatures.
• Please help us by not taking home hand sanitisers provided for the use of customers and staff.
Our staff will continue to follow these procedures. Further training measures will be in place for staff.
With immediate effect we are introducing some additional temporary measures: cancellation of future planned events. Thorough cleaning of surfaces where contact has/might have been made including door handles, chairs, under the table edges.
As always we remain vigilant in ensuring regular thorough cleaning is carried out daily and our housekeeping is effective. We have deep clean dates booked in for the rest of 2020 as well as the thorough daily deep clean of every section in our establishment.
What will we do if we have a confirmed case of COVID-19 at The Royal Oak?
If we were to have a confirmed case of COVID-19 at The Royal Oak, we would be contacted by the local Public Health England Health Protection Team to discuss the case, identify people who have been in contact with them and advise on any actions or precautions that should be taken. The Health Protection Team would undertake an assessment of our setting and issue advice on the management of customers and staff based on this assessment. We hope that closure of the setting would be unnecessary but Public Health England would have final say and at this point the decision would be taken out of our hands.
Front of house and back of house staff:
Our staff team will be subject to the same rigorous policy as the customers visiting us. If a staff member were to experience a high temperature 37.8+ and/or new continuous cough, they would be asked to self-isolate immediately for a minimum of 7 days.
We sincerely hope we will not find ourselves in a position where continuing to operate is critically compromised due to ill-health / self-isolation of multiple staff members but if this were the case options we could consider are:
• Flexible / reduced hours
• Suspension of planning near future events
• Cancellation of events and/or bookings where possible or necessary
In the event of a regional closure we will of course continue to respect and abide by Government and Public Health England dictates. For a longer closure we will have to see what Government support measures, if any, are in place but our main priority will be to protect the solvency of The Royal Oak and to have our staff team’s best interests at heart.
I would also like to reassure you that we continue to plan and review here at The Royal Oak as this challenging situation evolves.
Thank you, once again, for your continued understanding and co-operation during difficult circumstances.
Tracey & Team